After receiving a B.S. in Economics with honors from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania and his J.D. with honors from Columbia University School of Law, Mr. Kaufman became associated with Cohen, Shapiro, Polisher, Shiekman & Cohen. Having become a partner in its litigation section in 1974, he was soon responsible for handling complex civil and commercial litigation. In 1981, Mr. Kaufman helped found the law firm of Kittredge, Kaufman & Donley. In 1989, Mr. Kaufman became a founding shareholder of KCR, where he continued his practice in diverse areas of civil litigation. In 2012, Mr. Kaufman became “Of Counsel” to KCR. Mr. Kaufman’s trial experience has covered the entire spectrum of litigation from highly publicized political disputes, to sophisticated commercial litigation, to domestic relations, to white collar criminal defense. Mr. Kaufman has been repeatedly recognized as a Pennsylvania “Super Lawyer” in Philadelphia Magazine.
- University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School, B.S. 1966, with honors
- Columbia Law School, J.D. 1969, with honors
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Pennsylvania Supreme Court
Activities and Honors
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Hearing Officer for the Pennsylvania Disciplinary Board.
- Board of Directors of Nancy’s House
- Board of Directors of Terlingo Cancer Fund